Monday, November 19, 2012

Creative Expression Assignment

The week before last, I gave my daughter an assignment to make up a song about anything that she wanted. That's pretty much all the instruction I gave her, and here is what she made. **For anyone posting comments who knows our family personally, please refrain from using Daughter's actual name.


"Jesus and God"
To the tune of: "Jesus Loves Me"

I love God and He loves me
He loves me and I love Him
I love Him and some day I'll
Go to heaven to be with Him

And I love Him so much
And I will love it so much
I will play the drums with Him
And jump on clouds - what fun!

And I'll do the trumpets, too
And I'll see the animals
I will see his butterflies
I'll see the lions and they'll be nice

I will play the bells with him
I will see the flamingos
The first thing I will do up there
Is go to His throne room.


God has been written all over this little one's heart! It does make my heart glad! (3 John 1:4)
Also see Proverbs 7:3, Deuteronomy 6:6 and Deuteronomy 11:18 (among others).

2 comments:

  1. This touched my heart so much! Your daughter is so precious! I thought of some verses too after I read this song.

    Matthew 11:25

    At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.


    Matthew 19:14

    Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”


    Psalm 8:2

    Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for adding these verses Staci! They fit perfectly and were such a blessing to read.

    ReplyDelete