Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas Poems


Occasionally I write some poetry. I wanted to share a couple Christmas poems with you. If you read the last post, you know that I've been wanting to share these for a few weeks, but didn't sense God giving me the 'green light' yet. This week, He did.


Where is the Christ Child?
by Christa Shuman
December 2016


Where is the Christ child?
Is he under the tree?
Is he hiding among
All the presents I see?

Is he over there
Sitting upon the hearth,
Nestled amid the stockings
Full of treats that bring mirth?

Is he in the kitchen
Nibbling a turkey thigh,
Sneaking bites of stuffing,
Smelling all the pies?

Is he at the parties,
In the songs and games?
Does he really care
If we know the reindeers’ names?

Is he in our quiet times,
In Bible-reading and prayer,
The pageants and services?
We should find him there.

Where is the Christ child,
In which Christmas part?
No matter where I look
He’s always in my heart.

He is a babe no longer;
He grew to be a man.
He did amazing things
And fulfilled his Father’s plan.

And not only did he grow –
He died and lives again!

He died and paid the price
For my wrongs – I could not pay
And that is why I live for Him
Every single day.

So where is the Christ child?
Why, He’s in heaven above
Wanting you to join Him
Waiting patiently, with love.


(If you didn't get a chance to read "Where Was Jesus" from September, I invite you to read it now. It contains a similar theme.)


Here are a couple more short poems.

A cookie, a carol,
A card from a friend
These are all nice, it's true.
But the best Christmas treat
Has all of these beat
It's God's son, sent to earth - for you!
(Christa Shuman, Dec. 2017)



May we remember
That O holy night
When joy came to the world
And the star was shining bright

When angels sang triumphantly
And beckoned shepherds come
To a stable in Bethlehem
To see a babe - God’s Son.
(Christa Shuman, Dec. 2013)


I like this Christmas version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah song. Check it out!



Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment