Friday, May 4, 2018

The Force with You

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. Sure, it's okay, but I don't watch it incessantly; I don't know all the details of its creation; I don't quote any of its lines. I see Star Wars as a trend (albeit a longstanding one) and I tend to veer away from trends. If it is the hip and happening thing, I'm not interested. The "it" toy of the year each Christmas? You will not find me hunting it down.

On May 4 ("May the Fourth/Force Be With You" Day), my mind tends in another direction. Here are just the few verses that came to me in the last few minutes. So, as we come to the end of May 4th, my question for you is: Which force is with you?


And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. - Ezekiel 36:27

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. - Deuteronomy 31:8

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment