Friday, April 13, 2012

Change of Plans

My list of things I want to get done just seems to get longer and longer right now. I guess it is just one of those seasons for me. This morning, I wrote down a few specific things from the longer list on a shorter list of activities I wanted to focus on getting done today. I also have a couple little lists of things I want to do with each child. We had Bible study at church this morning and then were going to join the other moms and children for lunch on the church playground before heading back home. We got everything all loaded up in the truck - when it wouldn't start...

"Okay," I thought. "This is all okay. Maybe God just wants me to stay here and get some of this other stuff done. That sure will be nice." Well, there is an exercise time tied to the Bible study we're doing right now, and since I was going to have to miss that, too, I thought the kids and I would take a walk around the neighborhood this morning. We got all loaded up with Son in the stroller and Daughter on her scooter - when it started to drizzle...

"Okay," I thought. "Maybe God really wants me to stay at home and get some other things done."


I choose to trust in God's goodness and that He is making a way for certain things to be accomplished today. I don't know what He has in store, but I choose to trust. I am praying almost constantly now for direction and wisdom about my priorities for this day.

Daughter and I played a game of LIFE and then I got to work on one of the items on my list. Son is pretending to listen to music with some earphones and an old laptop while Daughter is coloring in a coloring book. Everyone seems pretty content right now. We might try a walk again later. I know we will all want to be outside some later if the weather allows.

I'm praising God that things didn't go the way I planned today because I believe He has another plan in store. I still don't know what all He will reveal to us today, but I believe it will be good.

Proverbs 19:21 - Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment