Friday, June 12, 2015

Answered Prayer!

The Lord is so good!

I am praying about a certain situation and wanted to trust God to reveal something to me through Bible or song today. I have to admit my doubts that He would use the specific part of the Bible that I'm currently in.

In full disclosure, I haven't even gotten to that part of my Bible yet this morning (although I probably will by the end of this post), but He has chosen to draw me near and answer me through the Bible reading with my children's devotion this morning and a friend's post on Facebook.

He has not told me the solution to the issue I'm praying about, but the messages I clearly heard this morning are:

* Love must be sincere. 
* Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
* Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.
* Honor one another above yourselves.
* Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
* Be joyful in hope
* Be patient in affliction
* Be faithful in prayer
* Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
* Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
* Live in harmony with one another.
* Do not be proud...Do not be conceited.
* Do not repay anyone evil for evil.
* Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
* If it is possible, as far as it depends on me, live at peace with everyone.
* Do not take revenge...but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
*  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:9-21

* You are my servant. I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
* So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
* I will strengthen you and help you;
* I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
* All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced
* those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish.
* I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Isaiah 41:9-13


And finally, as I hoped to do, I opened my Bible up to Luke 12, where I had last stopped reading. I never should have doubted God! Here is what He had for me today:

* Be on your guard against...hypocrisy.
* There is nothing concealed taht will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.
* What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.
* do not be afraid
* Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
* do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.

So, again, I did not receive a clear solution or answer to the issue in my prayers, but He has called me to trust Him and not be afraid. He has told me some about the situation - that all will be made clear - and how I should conduct myself.

Oh God, that I may keep all this in mind and please you with my actions today! Thank you so much for your faithfulness, even when I was in doubt! I should have known better. I do know better! To you be all the glory in this issue. May You shine through it.

Thank you for answered prayers.

Update:
Wouldn't you know, after I first posted this, God provided another verse through another friend's post? Here it is:

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God. (Philippians 1:9-11)

Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder...how great Thou art!

Update:
And even more updates today! The song It is Well with My Soul came into my head this morning and I sang the chorus out loud as the kids and I were going somewhere in the truck. My son has been singing the chorus randomly throughout the rest of the day. Then, the friend who posted Philippians 1:9-10 earlier also posted another verse and tagged me on it. The verse is Isaiah 26:3 - You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. 

So, just now, Son was singing the chorus of It is Well with My Soul. I started singing along with him. Then, I found it in a hymnal and played it on the piano. Does anyone want to guess what was on the page right next to it? It was none other than Thou Wilt Keep Him in Perfect Peace based on the verse of Isaiah 26:3!

 I tell you, God can speak to us through many outlets. We just have to be ready and listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment