Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Resources

Here are some resources and groups that I like. You might like to look into them if you haven't already. Some of them have e-mail groups, Facebook pages, etc. that you might like.

1. Remember Me app. for Android - this program helps with Bible verse memorization. I have really enjoyed reviewing memory verses every day and like the way it is set up to do a flashcard review and how it staggers when you practice the verses after you've been doing them for a while.

2. Crosswalk.com - I currently use this site mainly to search references in the Bible, but it has MANY more features.

3. Biblegateway.com - I read many Bible verses on this site also.

4. Barna Group (barna.org) - an organization that does Christian research. I believe they have amazing resources, although I've actually only read one so far - a book titled Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna.

5. The Institute for Creation Research (icr.org) - I've recently been introduced to this group, but am highly interested. I've always loved hearing how science proves God. So many people seem to think that science disproves Him, but this just isn't so!

6. Family Life (familylife.com) - another resource I haven't reviewed extensively, but I hear their Passport to Purity program is great. Something I hope to keep in mind for the future...

7. Focus on the Family - Dr. James Dobson and his crew have some good resources. I'm trying to read Bringing Up Girls and hope to read Bringing Up Boys afterward. I've heard good things about some of his other books, too. I hope to read more some day.

8. Samaritan's Purse - an organization that provides charitable opportunities to reach other people groups for Christ - to provide for people's needs so they will be open to hear about God.

9. Voice of the Martyrs (persecution.com) - information about and ways to support missionaries and those spreading the gospel in hostile nations.

10. Smile Train - okay, so this one is more based on my interest in speech-language pathology because it helps provide surgeries to children with cleft lips and/or palates, but communication is so key to our interactions with others and first impressions can be lasting. Children in other countries are sadly left out of many social situations (school, play, etc.) due to these facial abnormalities.

11. biblecc.com - Another neat website for looking at verses online. I often read commentaries listed with the verses that help me gain insight to the verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment