Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tangles and Pigtails

I really don't plan to post this often, but I've been thinking about things to share for a while and want to get this page started off right.

Last night, my daughter informed me that she wanted her hair in pigtails today. I love the opportunity to fix her hair and she really is cute in pigtails, so I was game for it this morning. Then came the tangles. And then came the wiggly head that wouldn't stay still while I tried to part her hair, comb it in the right directions, and get the hairbands on.

What can I learn from this?

Sin in our lives are like tangles. They can be hard to get out of, cause pain, and require work. It's not something that you can rush through, though. You have to take your time and do it correctly or you'll just end up with worse tangles - or more pain than necessary. I can't find the reference right now because I let a friend borrow the book it's in, but I think Beth Moore shared something she learned through an experience with tangles in the hair of one of her daughters. At this time, I can't remember the lesson she was led to.

And the pigtails? Just like I was trying to make my daughter's hair look right, so our Father wants to make our lives look right. He has a good and perfect plan for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11) if we would just quit wiggling and squirming to do our own thing our own way. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9). Unlike an earthly parent who might just give up on the wiggly kid's hair, clothing, or whatever else it may be that day, God does not give up on us and it is His will that will prevail (Proverbs 19:21).

Below are some other verses that I thought of in regard to this post. I'm sure there are many more but these are a few I found in a short time this morning. I've been reading a lot in Proverbs lately.

Hard work: Proverbs 10:4-5, Proverbs 18:9, Proverbs 12:27, Proverbs 13:4
Going too fast/acting or speaking in haste: Proverbs 14:29, Proverbs 19:2, Proverbs 20:25, Proverbs 21:5
The Lord's will prevails: Proverbs 16:4, 9, 33; Proverbs 20:24

2 comments:

  1. I could almost picture myself sitting in God's lap while He puts pigtails in my hair! LOL How comforting it would be if we just let Him take care of us and groom us! Thank you for the insight, Christa.

    ReplyDelete